Following the core functions of a school’s governing board, our team focus on the following:
- Approving and reviewing plans focused on pursuing the school’s aims that all pupils are provided with the opportunities, facilities and support to achieve at the highest level.
- Maintain the high standards and regularity of monitoring visits holding all staff to account for their actions.
- Provide opportunities to meet governors through events and general presence in school.
- Preserve and strengthen the links between church, school and Diocese.
- Monitor student performance data and act as a critical friend: supporting but challenging the headteacher to ensure that targets and objectives are met.
- Secure financial stability for the school and ensure value for money is sought at all times.
- Championing Safeguarding: promote a culture of wellbeing and safety throughout the school and local community.