We are looking to appoint a teaching assistant to work with a named pupil (current Year 3) from 15th April 2024 or sooner if available. The pupil will need support with learning, playing and behaviour management and regulation. Knowledge and experience of these areas would be beneficial.
Heddington CE VA Primary School must be seen to be fully appreciated. We are a popular school on the outskirts of Calne with 75 children on roll, and boast wonderful grounds and surrounding area. We are a caring and dedicated team who are committed to delivering a high standard of education and social development for all of our pupils within a supportive Christian environment. Everything we do is for the benefit of the children.
The successful candidate will:
- Be an excellent role model who is able to work calmly under pressure.
- Have experience with working with pupils who have a range of additional needs.
- Have a willingness to develop themselves and their own skills, in order to meet the needs of the named pupil.
- Have worked in primary education and gained relevant experience.
- Have a passion for assisting children in fulfilling their potential.
- Be an excellent communicator, committed to the team and school community as a whole.
- Be able to work as part of a team and willing to go the extra mile!
- Be fun loving and have a sense of humour.
We welcome applications from both experienced teaching assistants and those looking to start in the profession although recommend reading the person specification for desirable and essential attributes. Relevant training and support will be provided.
Hours of work: 32½ hours per week (term time only) 8.30am – 12pm & 12.30pm – 3.30pm - Monday - Friday
Contract type: Temporary whilst pupil is still at Heddington
Closing date (and time): 12pm - Friday 9th February 2024
Interview date: Tuesday 20th February 2024
Commencement date: 5th April 2024 or sooner if possible
Salary: £23,893 (E6) - £24,702 (E8) depending on experience
£11.39 - £11.81 per hour
Please contact Marie Hall (Finance and Admin Officer) or Ashley Martin (Headteacher) for further details on 01380 850489 or e-mail email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you.
Heddington Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to a full Disclosure and Barring Service check before appointment is confirmed.